Cerebral Palsy, Intellectual-Cognitive Disabilities, Downs Syndrome, Physical Disabilities
Preschool, Elementary, Middle School
Bergen, Essex, Morris, Passaic, Sussex
North Jersey Elks Developmental Disabilities Agency (NJEDDA) Elementary School is celebrating its 68th year as a pioneer in the rehabilitation field for children and adults with special needs. The programs are fashioned to meet the needs of each individual with developmental disabilities. The agency currently serves 260 families from 50 municipalities in Northern New Jersey.
Our elementary and high schools are approved by the New Jersey Department of Education as private non-profit schools for children with multiple disabilities. The Agency is also licensed by or affiliated with the following state and local agencies:
- New Jersey Department of Education
- New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities
- New Jersey Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services
- New Jersey Department of Health
- New Jersey Department of Human Services
- Passaic County Freeholders
- The Alliance for the Betterment of Citizens with Disabilities (ABCD)
- The Association of Schools & Agencies for the Handicapped (ASAH)
- The Association of Community Providers (NJACP)
- The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- The Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
Referrals for possible placement within the programs are accepted from public school districts, parents, hospitals, physicians, or approved local or state agencies.
North Jersey Elks Developmental Disabilities Agency (NJEDDA) Board of Trustees operates the agency. The Board of Trustees consists of concerned citizens who meet monthly to develop policies, provide fiscal oversight and program guidance to the administrative team. The Board has guided the agency through its years of growth into a comprehensive educational and therapeutic organization.