ADD/ADHD, Autism, Aspergers, Behavior, Intellectual/Cognitive Disabilities, Psychiatric/Mood Disorders
Elementary, Middle School, High School
Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union, Warren
The Calais Staff provides a safe and nurturing environment for students requiring innovative academic and behavioral strategies provided in a non-judgmental atmosphere.
Success is achieved through:
- Differentiated and integrated academic programs aligned with NJ Core Curriculum Content Standards;
- Behavior Modification Programs that encourage students to employ appropriate social problem solving and assertiveness skills;
- A Cognitive/Behavioral Counseling team that provides emotional support and cognitive strategies for dealing with stressful situations;
- A Learning Consultant who provides IEP supervision and consultation with teachers and child study teams to ensure the use of individualized and differentiated instruction;
- Speech and Language Specialists to address the basic skills of language and social skills development;
- Reading Specialists to assist students with specific reading difficulties;
- CTE – Career and Technical Education Programs that provide career path training;
- A Transition Education Program to provide career exploration opportunities.
We offer small class sizes and optimal opportunities for individualized learning.